HOW DO YOU PROTECT YOURSELVES FROM ONLINE IMPOSTORS and UNRELIABLE COMPANIES?
* ALWAYS book your service with established companies that come highly recommended by sources you trust. When it comes to your and your loved ones’ safety, you should not leave anything to chance.
* NEVER blindly google or search the company name online to obtain their website. This is what copycat websites are counting on because here is where people become confused. The title tag above the website can be influenced by key words, and it may not represent the actual company name.
* ALWAYS make sure you have the correct company website address. When you ask for recommendations, make sure you also receive the website address along with the company name.
* ALWAYS contact the company by typing in their official website on your browser, never based on a search engine search.
* If you accidentally click on the wrong website, pay attention to anything that seems off. If you notice:
- the company name on the website is different
- the prices are different, the services are different,
- the website does not look professional
- or they have non-Italian phone numbers
- these usually signs that you may be on the wrong website and if you may unintentionally book with the wrong company.
* NEVER book your car service based on cheap and deeply discounted prices. The way most fly-by-night and impostor websites get clients is by offering very low prices compared to most established companies who invest in quality and safe service. .
Please know that when it comes to private car service you really do get what you pay for. A responsible car service company in Rome cannot survive offering cheap and deeply discounted prices below market value without cutting dangerous corners on vehicle safety and proper maintenance, insurance, quality of service, or even breaking laws.
When you are booking car service online from unknown companies and websites offering cheap prices, you can get taken for a ride in more ways than one, and worse: you can potentially put your personal safety at risk!
We have received untold number of calls from desperate travelers stranded at the airport or the cruise port (many of them elderly) because their drivers never showed up. In all these cases, they booked service via cheap copy-cat websites thinking they booked with the REAL Rome Cabs.
Fly-by-night and copycat websites typically have nothing to lose since they do not depend on their reputation and word of mouth for their business. They often operate on multiple websites, so if they garner enough bad reputation online via one website, they simply shut it down and open another.
Don’t become a victim of online impostors and unscrupulous companies no matter what type of service you are seeking, protect yourselves and your loved ones on your trips abroad. After all, safety first! There are many honest, established and reputable companies to chose from, so which ever company you select to book with, do so only after careful consideration based on reliable information, and with diligence in making sure you are booking with the intended company.
For more information on Rome Cabs Transfer to the Airport and Civitavecchia, Tours, and Shore Excursions from Italy’s top Ports of Call, please visit us at www.RomeCabs.com.
You may also visit our sister company, Stefano Rome Tours, for more exciting Tours and Shore Excursions in Rome and beyond: www.StefanoRomeTours.com
Do you have any tips to share that helps travelers abroad? We’d love to hear from you in the comments box below.
Sharing is fun: If you found this article helpful, please pass it along to anyone who might benefit from it.
We thank you for visiting our blog, and we look forward to being of service to you in the future. See you soon in Italy!
~The RomeCabs Team.